The Seattle Mariner's (our favorite baseball team...and favorite summer past time) really suck this year. And I'm not just saying that. They are in last place for the entire league...dead last. Sweet. We went to a game anyway. We gave C tickets for Father's Day. They played the Toronto Blue Jays, and you know the home team sucks when nearly the entire stadium cheers against them. I guess the stadium wasn't that full to begin with, and there were quite a few Toronto fans there. At least I hope they were the Toronto fans booing at the Mariner's. If not, the Mariner's have big problems.
It was fun nonetheless. The outing began with a shared popsicle, melting at the speed of light in my kitchen. Yes, it was yet another scorcher. K was already having a really good day, so this made it even better. Then we headed off to the ball field, picked some seats way up and out of the way of anyone who might be annoyed by a busy 1 year old. And he was busy. I'm not sure how much of the game C and I got to watch. We spent most of our time managing the boy.
"Don't stand on your seat"
"Be care not to trip over the aisle"
"Don't eat the peanut shells off the ground"
and on and on...
K had most fun point out all the airplanes that flew over head (I liked that a lot too). For a while, we'd try to draw his attention to the ball as it was pitched. But from that high up, you're lucky to see the players running the bases, let alone the tiny ball flying at 95 mph. Oh well. We'll keep coming, because we love it!



No comments:
Post a Comment