It is unbearably hot here, and we have busted out the fans for official use. Now I just have to keep K from sticking any objects into the blades, most importantly fingers! Last night, I went into K's room to check on him only to find that he was drenched in sweat! Poor little dude. He looked as if he'd been swimming...literally that wet! Our windows are open with little relief. If it doesn't get better soon, we'll have to
invest in a portable A/C unit (and then we can just huddle in one room with the door closed all summer).
I must admit, it was pretty darn cute watching K run around in just a diaper all day. It's eerily reminiscent of our first days/months at our Salt Lake house...no air conditioning ...temperatures pushing 100 deg! At least then it was dry, hot air. Here it's not only hot, but it's muggy. You just have to deal with your skin being moist and your clothes sticking to you all day.
By the way, K has started to count to 10. He needs a little help when he gets to the number four, but he pretty much plows through the rest (he likes us to say each number after he does, however). It presents a challenge when I'm attempting to discipline him by telling him I'm going to "count to three." He just gets a big smile on his face, and bounces up and down as he counts to three with me. Hmmm....
Same thing goes for "time outs." I used to hold him tightly on my lap when he was really naughty (hitting, or throwing things) and count to ten...then ask him to apologize. Now that counting to ten is a fun activity for him, we've progressed our "time outs" to the high chair, facing the wall, with a 90 second timer. He doesn't like this much, so it works beautifully!



1 comment:
Wow! That is hot for Seattle. Have you thought of turning on the furnace fan to recirculate the basement air? The curls are cute.
Post a Comment