Wednesday, May 27, 2009

More about Finn

We're nearing the end of Finn's fourth week of life. He now weighs in at 10 lbs 2 oz, and has a double chin. The poor guy is also starting to break out with the baby zits. I thought we might miss them altogether, because he has escaped them until now. Koen got them when he was one day old!

A few things about Finn...

He's very, very strong. Not only do we notice it, but almost everyone who holds him notices and comments as well. Maybe that's why I have such a hard time getting him dressed. He really puts up a good resistance! He not too fond of getting his diaper changed, but is equally annoyed with a messy diaper...I can't win either way! He's super sleepy, which you wouldn't imagine would be a 'complaint' but it sure has made feeding him somewhat trying. I have to pull out every trick in the book sometimes to get that kid to wake up for food! And wouldn't you know, during his wakeful hours, he is ALWAYS hungry! He makes the cutest little grunting sounds when he's about to eat. And he still has a funny little outcry that he makes in simple protest of whatever! It's usually just one lone squawk, followed by silence and wide eyes. Hard not to laugh when he does it.

Finn fights the swaddle every single time, yet the minute he's all wrapped up and held up against our chest, he's happy as can be. And usually he lays his little head down on our shoulder and is asleep within seconds...it's almost a guarantee. So I hate to say it and jinx myself, but it seems we have a pretty sweet and easy going little baby on our hands. He honestly only cries for food and diaper changes. And he gets a little grumpy when he's tired, but he's easily put to sleep! We totally scored two for two! I feel so fortunate to have such awesome little boys!

Here are some more pics to look at.


Early morning story time with Grammie



Heading back to the car after visiting the University street fair. Koen got a balloon airplane that he refused to hold or even look at until we were far away from the strange clown lady who made it. Then he loved the thing.



Finn got his very first look at trees. It was so precious watching him look in complete amazement as we walked underneath them. I hope he grows to love trees as fiercely as I do. Trees are fabulous for so many reasons...I can't live without them! :)



Lovin' on Finn...





Big brothers get ice cream cones.



We somehow managed to sneak in a little birthday celebration for Clay, complete with Martha Stewart's Versatile Vanilla Cake (turned Lemon). The cake itself was totally delicious, we all concurred. However, I was not impressed with the crazy whipped egg frosting! Help! What else can I put on this scrumptious cake? I'd love to keep the recipe for future use!



My boys...

No comments: