Clay took Koen to get his very first haircut. The occasional snips we gave him while he stood naked in the bath tub don't count. This was REAL! He sat in a real barber chair...o.k. it was shaped like a sea turtle! But still, he had a real stylist in a real salon (for kids).
I've been picturing the horror of this event over and over in my mind for a couple years now. I could actually see Koen's red, hysterical face, drenched in tears, snot and slobber. And I could hear the frantic screams, "This is NOT o.k! LET...ME...GO!" (Quite similar to our recent experiences with vaccinations) I could feel the humiliation hot on my own face, knowing that everybody in the salon was staring at my kid. And I could visualize the two of us leaving the scene with half a haircut, unable to see it through to the end. Not a pretty picture.
Well, my imagination couldn't have hit farther from reality. Koen held perfectly still, remaining calm and quiet the entire time. Of course, it doesn't hurt to have cars to hold, a movie to watch, and a sucker to lick (notice even the stylist has one). I guess this place has seen its fair share of tantrum-prone kids. They are complete professionals.
Before
During
After!
On a separate note: Finn got a new (well, second hand) Johnny Jump Up! I saw him trying to jump in his sad little exer-saucer, and it just wasn't working. He'd jump up with all his little might, and then clunk down into the seat...no bounce back. Oh, he was working so hard to get momentum where there wasn't any to be had. Poor bouncy baby.
This sure did the trick. He even smiles at the sight of it hanging in the doorway. But, seriously, how much bouncing can one little guy take? He'd go on for hours if we'd let him. I think he's turning into a motion junkie as a result. Now, when we hold him, he's constantly pushing his legs out, trying to bounce in our lap. He even does it while he nurses! Silly guy.
I guess I now understand where the phrase 'Bouncing Baby Boy' came about? We have one.



4 comments:
He looks darling! how does the sucker weather with the falling strands of hair.... yuk. I can just imagine the sucker covered with hair and a expression of "gotta a hair in my mouth" with the tongue trying to nail it down, stick it out and getting it wiped off by the pointer finger and thumb and going through this process several times before the mission is accomplished...........;O)
Ha! Funny. I hadn't thought about that. I think he was so zoned into the movie that he wouldn't have noticed eating any hairs. Gross!
Ha! Funny. I hadn't thought about that. I think he was so zoned into the movie that he wouldn't have noticed eating any hairs. Gross!
Post a Comment