Sunday, December 6, 2009

Moms have birthdays too!

Ahhh, lovely day. Today was my birthday...34! The day was sunny and crisp....and I mean COLD crisp. But it was nice. Clay let me orchestrate the whole day from start to finish. I treated myself to a little shopping first thing this morning. Running clothes. Yeah, it's time to get serious...rain or shine. I'm not going to wait for the January 1st 'New Year's Resolution' season. Wish me luck!

I came home and snuck in a nap with Finn on the couch after lunch. Then we were off to see The Storybook Theater production of Snow White. I'm sure Clay was a little scared beforehand. It was a musical meant for kids ages 3-10. But it was pretty fun, and even got us laughing out loud several times.

Then it was SUSHI time!!! Yep, we returned to our newly discovered Kisaku Japanese restaurant. Soooo yummy! And what's a birthday without a little Molly Moons ice cream? I ordered a scoop of Pumpkin Clove.

Finally, we trekked out to Mt. Baker Beach in south Seattle to see the Christmas Ships. This is a parade of ships, decorated with lights for the holidays. Each night throughout December they stop at different beaches and waterfront parks around Seattle, and put on a musical show of some sort. Tonight's entertainment was provided by The Northwest Boychoir. There is a bonfire on the beach, and complimentary hot beverages (we somehow missed those tonight).



Notice the somewhat frozen smiles on our faces. Ooooo....it was bitter cold out there on the water, but we were bundled up and ready. The show only lasted about 20 minutes, perfect. Then we took the boys home and put them to bed.



I spent the whole day, just me and my boys. These are my peeps and there's no one I'd rather spend my birthday with. I love my little family!

Lovely, lovely day.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Sound like a great birthday Erin! Happy Birthday!!! I am so happy that you are so satisfied with your super cute family. Nothing is better than that!