Tuesday, February 2, 2010

3 Things: Finn

If your face looks like this...


...it might be due to your horrible bum rash and the outfit you had to wear as a result.



Poor Baby Finn. A severe diaper rash has invaded our home, ceasing the introduction of all foods, new and exciting...enforcing mandatory, frequent 'airtime' (refer to above photo)...and forcing Mommy to give up dairy for a while (Waah!). I savored every last bite of what might be my very last bowl of ice cream for several weeks! :( O.k. this is probably good for me, too.


On a lighter note, check out the hat head! At last! You can't have hat head unless you have hair. So precious. I can never get enough of baby hat head.





And finally, I just want to contribute...

3 Things: Finn

1. My baby has the strongest grip of any baby I've ever met. If you have hair, eyelids, ear lobes, lips or nostrils...you'd best be on guard with this guy around. Once he gets a grip on something...it's over...OVER! He's brought me near tears on many occasions, feeling as if my lip was separated from my gums in an instant. Ouch.

And might I add, he's lightning fast! He'll grab anything within reach, in a matter of milliseconds. Right in front of our very eyes, we've lost a bowl, a plate, and a mug as a result...pulled right off the table by Mr. Grabs-a-Lot. Today, at his pediatrician appointment, he snatched the contact paper right off the exam table, the napkin and blanket off the baby scale, and the nice lady's stethoscope right out of her ears! He had us all laughing in the exam room. But, seriously, could somebody please hold this kid's arms down? I guess that was my job.


2. Speaking of appointments, Finn's 9 month stats are as follows:
Head circumference: 17.5 in (50%)
Height: 28.5 in (75%)
Weight: 19 lbs 8 oz (25%)

*Skinny, tall and healthy as a horse (where did that phrase come from anyway?)


3. Without fail, every single time we make Finn laugh...we make Finn hiccup. He gets the hiccups several times a day. And, as much as I love to hear his tender giggle, I feel horrible knowing his inevitable fate. I hate getting hiccups.

3 comments:

Mary said...

Presumably, anyone who's strong is healthy (and vice versa). And back in the day, a horse was a prime example of a large, strong creature. Therefore, one could only hope to be as "healthy" as a horse was - able to pull your own weight, endure rough conditions, ride all day and night.

Horses were often used as idioms for other signs of strength or largeness:

"eat like a horse"
"work like a horse"

Erin said...

Ahhh! It all makes sense now! And how fitting...because Finn is incredibly strong! Thanks Mary.

SignalToNoise said...

holy heck erin, that is the cutest picture of finn i've ever seen... poor guy! i hope he's feeling better!