While lying face down on the floor, I coax Koen into crawling around on me. We make a game of it, pretending that I'm a ship and he can't fall off or he'll be in the water. So he crawls up and down my back and legs, giggling, and unknowingly giving me a lovely little massage with his bony knees and palms. Now the newest addition to the pampering session...I can position Finn near my head, with my ponytail in his little lap. He is in disbelief that I am actually encouraging him to pull and twist my hair, and he takes his job very seriously.
It's funny, too, because I'm now recalling similar moments in my childhood from an entirely fresh perspective. My mom used to pay me and Patrick to brush her hair while she relaxed on her bed, one penny for every stroke of the brush. We LOVED it, and kept very thorough count.
...89...90...91...92...
As we reached the 100th stroke of the hairbrush, realizing that we'd just earned one whole dollar, we were ecstatic! Then we continued, wondering if we could make it all the way to two dollars. And I'm sure it was worth every penny for my mom, literally.
I'm wondering how long Koen will continue before he requires payment for his services.



No comments:
Post a Comment