Koen got a sticker at the doctor's office the other day and was playing with it while riding in the car. After a few minutes, he said, "Mom, I lost my sticker! Where is it?"
I told him I didn't know and couldn't find it right then because I had to focus on driving. About ten minutes later, I glanced in the rear view mirror and saw this. I burst out laughing and said, "Koen, did you ever find your sticker?" (assuming that he was 'joking' me like he does).
He was oblivious to the fact that his sticker was stuck in his hair. I pulled over, laughing hysterically, and had him put his hands in his hair. He cracked up, too. Silly boy.
Finn's 15 month appointment went o.k. except for the fact that he lost over a pound since his 12 month visit! Yikes. No one likes a skinny baby! The nurse weighed him three times in disbelief. So we're on a mission to fatten him up! He now consumes all goat milk products, including yogurt, kefir, and cheese (he still can't have dairy, part of the weight loss problem). He's not complaining because they're so creamy delicious. But I'm am complaining because they're so expensive! Sheesh!
He did get one shot at the doctor, or 'pinch' as Koen says. Koen and I were bracing for the screams, ready to comfort him in any way possible. I held him tight (the mommy straight jacket that I learned with Koen). But we were all shocked and pleasantly surprised at his reaction. When the needle went in his tiny leg, he simply winced a little and then gave the nurse a really dirty look (like only Finn can). That was all! No tears, whatsoever! At-a-boy! Then Koen got a sticker for Finn's good behavior (which promptly ended up in his hair).
Some Koen-isms to mention:
fighter fighter = fire fighter
joke you = I just played a trick on you.
ip pane = airplane



No comments:
Post a Comment