I just thought I'd share some more photos of our recent summer adventures. Now that we don't have a yard, we can usually be found at a park for at least some portion of every day. The kids LOVE to swing. I think they'd swing until they got sick actually. I'm often the one who has to end the swinging session, usually when Finn starts to look a little green in the face. Koen is now capable of riding in the regular, 'big kid' swings, but he still prefers the baby swings for some reason. This habit can't last, however. I can barely lift him in and out of those things anymore.
Funny Finnie and his faces...
Cheeseball.
Finn felt like such a big kid,
walking around and around this large tree all by himself.
Koen loves to hold Oscar's leash and lead him around the park, lately.
A few weeks ago, we took the kids on a little field trip to Golden Glen Dairy to see where milk and cheese come from. The trip was very educational for all of us. The tour guide was actually the owner who proudly showed us around his small, family run farm and dairy. We met the mama cows in the 'maternity ward', and we met (and pet) the newborn calves. They were anywhere from one day old to 3 weeks old. At the end, we all shared some cheese and chocolate milk and then thanked the cows for the delicious treat.
After the dairy, we stopped at a splash park....can't get enough of those, especially on hot summer days. Here are some photos of the boys trying to catch the spout!
My kids like to stare at other people. They get it from their dad. :)
Random, but notable...Finn has turned a corner into severe pickiness lately. At first I just thought he had an upset stomach and lost his appetite as a result. But we're going on two weeks now of him turning away from all kinds of food. I'm getting quite frustrated, and starting to wonder how long a child can survive on blueberries and bread.
On this particular day, I shelled a bunch of sugar snap peas for myself and Koen (Finn just throws them on the floor so I didn't even bother giving him any). As I sat talking to Koen over lunch, I heard crunching next to me. I looked over at Finn, and to my surprise, he was chowing down on the empty pods of all things! He didn't even try to spit them out either, just kept chomping away. Strange. So now, I guess he eats blueberries, bread and pea pods.
Oscar having a busy day.
Last weekend, we had playtime in the park with Collin & Shandy. They played a little baseball and Collin helped Koen work on his swing.
And more swinging....must...keep....swinging...
Tidbits:
Finn now says 'meh' for 'mom'. I would be overjoyed that this is his first word if it weren't such a perfect mix of the word 'mom' and his whining sound 'eh'. He also says it with such gusto and demand. 'MEH!'
He's starting to say 'Da' as well, for 'dad'. Clay is thrilled, naturally.



3 comments:
awesome, erin... thx for throwing oskie in there for good measure! btw, did you know koen is pronounced, "koon"?
Hmmmm...good to know, Dev. I'm afraid it's a little late to change, though. :)
I'm in love with these photos. I want to make the Oscar one my desktop at work.
Post a Comment