Friday, November 19, 2010

The Not-Its

Koen and I enjoyed a Mother-Son date a little while ago. We took the bus to the downtown public library to watch a kid's rock concert. We had soooo much fun together! Music was loud, space was limited, Top Pot donuts were free, and kids were singing, dancing and screaming. Complete blast.




The line-up was:

Caspar Babypants
The Board of Education
The Not-Its
Harmonica Pocket
Recess Monkey

If you have kids and you haven't checked out these bands...what are you waiting for? They are super fun. Koen said that his favorite band was 'the loud one'. I'm pretty sure he was talking about The Not-Its in the following picture. They are pretty cool, I have to admit. And the funniest thing to me was seeing droves of little pint-sized groupie girls, peppered throughout the crowd, dressed in black with hot pink tutus. Let's just say there were some serious fans there. :)



The venue was pretty rad, too. If you haven't visited the Seattle Public Library (Downtown), you should. One of my computer drafting projects at school was drafting a 3D replica of this modern building's architecture before it was ever constructed. So to be there and see it in the flesh (or steel and concrete, I guess) is always a fantastic treat for me. I especially love the sunlit 'living room' where the show was held under the expansive glass ceiling. Awesome!

The moment was even better shared with my little buddy. And yes, I gave him the royal treatment which included a sticky-icky blue sucker.




1 comment:

Margaret said...

What a blast! That boy is surely one of the luckiest I know - and cute to boot.

xo