Friday, February 4, 2011

January Highlights

I feel like we got 2011 off to a good start with a busy and playful January...SO busy, and SO playful that I just plain didn't have time to blog.  But I can at least offer a photo summary of the month, if nothing else?

Let's begin with Mariner's Fan Fest 2011.  This was a 'Boys Only' event...for Clay and the kids anyway (I relished in some rare 'Erin time' while they were gone).  Koen and Finn had the opportunity to sit in the dugout, see the Mariner Moose, practice their batting and pitching skills on the field, and run the 360 foot stretch around the bases (even more impressive when your legs are only 12-18 inches long)!  They came home exhausted and as happy as too little boys and one big boy can be.





Finnie says, "In twenty years, look for me right here, in this very spot...in uniform!"



I took the boys on a nature walk one Sunday morning.  The air was crisp, the sky was mostly blue, and the mud was abundant.  Luckily, I thought to bring our rain boots, just in case....whew!  Koen charged the trails ahead of us.  With his hands grasping the pretend steering wheel of his pretend car, he rambled all over the rocks and logs.  Finn delighted in tossing pebbles into the slow moving creek.  One after the other, he shouted, "Pass!" (meaning splash!).





Teacher Sandi hosted an impromptu Take Your Sibling to School day.  Finn was beside himself with joy!  He always tags along when I pick Koen up from school.  We sit through ending circle time for songs and dismissal, but Finn always wishes for a little more.  On this day he finally got more!  The little kids had free reign of the climbing room, the play dough, the water table, the art station, and the bouncing stallions.  Koen also enjoyed the opportunity to show his little brother around his 'big kid' school.

Seriously...just look at the smile on his face 
as he discovered the mini-sofas in the reading loft!




Can you find the little Greenleafs in this photo?  
They both sat very still, not fully participating, but definitely taking it all in. 



Finn!  Lie down with the other kids!  
He wasn't sure he wanted the parachute coming down on top of him, 
but he wasn't willing to do anything to prevent it either.




That's all for now.  Just a peek into a few of last month's outings.  Hopefully, February will have even more to offer!

No comments: