Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Ms. Leah's house

I am so happy to report that....


....we LOVE our home day care!

Seriously, what a relief it is to know that our kids are being engaged and having tons of fun while we're away from them.  Other than a scuffle with one of the infants, things are going swimmingly.

(Finn loves the babies there, but decided to pull one's hair.  She quickly responded with cat-like claws on his cheek.  He walked away with some scratches and a lesson learned.)

Ms. Leah and Ms. Rachel are a mother-daughter team from Kenya.  With the help of Ms. Isabelle, their assistant teacher, the kids have been learning and playing their hearts out all summer. 

Today was an extra special day for two reasons....Koen successfully learned how to pump himself on the swing (a feat he's been attempting to master for two months).  And Finnie pooped on the potty!  Yay!  We did a potty dance, and he got stamps on his hands.  

Total party!  :)

Enjoy this short clip of the swing-fest at daycare today.  Once Koen had it figured out, he couldn't bring himself to get off.  I think he continued to swing for about 30 minutes straight while I waited.  Then he complained all the way home that his arms were sore from hanging on so tight.







Hugs & Kisses!

Ps.  Their favorite songs this week (which we've heard repeatedly for days on end) are "Let's Go Fly a Kite" and "Take Me Out to the Ball Game".  It's pretty cute to hear them carry on.  Koen will start singing the first line of the ball game song, and Finn will pick up where he left off, singing "Buy me some peanuts and crackerjacks!"  We definitely see another Mariner's game in our near future.  I'm sure their eyes will pop to hear the entire stadium sing along with them.  Fun!

1 comment:

JESSY said...

"I need more!!" Haha I love that!! Tell Koen I think his swing pumping are amazing! :) Talk to you soon!