Monday, November 7, 2011

Cinco!

Where the heck did five years go!  I'm really not kidding.  How did this beautiful face.....




...turn into this beautiful face seemingly over night?



And I knew that turning five would be a momentous event, but Koen really took his excitement to the next level.  For the past week, everything that he's done has somehow been tied to his new age.  He truly believes that he grew noticeably bigger overnight, and that his abilities to do things like jumping higher, and running faster also improved overnight.

I also love what Finn has been telling him all week, "Koen....you're OLD!"  Koen will usually respond with, "No Finn, I'm five.  Next year I'll be six."  Then Finn says, "No, Koen...you're OLD!"  It's this whole back-and-forth routine that they've started.  Pretty funny.

We gave Koen a scooter for his birthday and he instantly took to it as if it were another limb.  The kid is a natural on that thing.  I was quite surprised given his tentative approach to riding a bike.  Koen has zero fear about the scooter, and can hardly hide his giant smile as he rides it around.  Perfect gift!


This is Koen first thing in the morning as he discovers his new scooter sitting on the table.  :)  Pure joy!





 No birthday is complete without the 'Special Plate'


A candle in a blueberry sourdough pancake shaped like a five.  Yummy!!

The Darth lunch box doubles as a mask and went with him to school that very day....
and every day since Nov. 1st


I took the kids to the park to play and ride bikes and scooters.  The nice weather inspired me to also take a few 'birthday photos'.











Cute Finnie and his pink, flowered helmet.  He loves that thing.








Shhh....don't tell Oski that his birthday was two days later.  
He turned 8... but he didn't get a scooter.  :(




We celebrated with his class at school, taking cupcakes to share.  All the kids got to make birthday wishes for Koen.  Every last wish had a Star Wars theme.  Hmmmm....I think they know Koen pretty well there.



For his birthday dinner that night, Koen chose to go out for Pho.  I was happy with his decision...so was he!



Then we wrapped up a perfect day with Theo Chocolate from Molly Moons.  Heavenly!





Happy Birthday, kiddo!  We love you more than you'll ever know!  



11.1.11

1 comment:

SignalToNoise said...

awesome... that pic with koen by his birthday table made me laugh out loud. he's so stoked!
poor oskie looking old - can't believe he's 8 already... fin's hair is out of control!