Halloween came and went...like it does lately. Finn got to carve his first pumpkin, however...and loved it! I think he takes after his mama. He's not afraid of a little slimy pumpkin guts. The other two Greenleafs in our household? Not so much. Their both squeamish. So guess who ends up doing all the work, eventually? Uh-huh, ME! Good thing I love Halloween and roasted pumpkin seeds!
A mixture of faces.
Koen's school hosted a fun Halloween party at which Clay made up for his lack of effort in the carving arena. He took charge of the bean bag toss event. Koen was so happy to have his dad there the whole time!
This was post-parade...which was also post-meltdown. Koen was not happy when he had to join the masses of children marching around the school, single file. As you can see, he eventually came around.
Bean bag toss station.
Cupcake decorating station.
And of course we wrapped up the day with trick-or-treating. This year we decided to forgo the chaos of University Village, and hit the neighborhood streets...just like old times! We met at our friends' house for pizza and rallying. For some reason, the 'rallying' part was slow to develop for the wee ones. Check out the happy faces!
I'm also baffled at the face that this is the best photo we captured of Monkey Finn? Huh? Oh well. He looked pretty darn cute. And his long tail only got stepped on about 40 times throughout the night.
I also want to mention that Fearless Finn wanted to trick-or-treat all of the scary houses...even the one with the real man, sitting motionless on the front porch, dressed like an executioner. He waited an EXTRA long time to reveal himself...even though we sat staring at him....waiting.....tense...for what seemed to be an eternity. Then he jumped, and we all jumped (AAHHHH!), then we took some candy and said 'Happy Halloween!" Strange holiday. I love it!



No comments:
Post a Comment