Happy Halloween!
Yes, my favorite day of the year has come and gone, once again. Man, I love Halloween. So much! This year's costume idea was initiated by Koen. He decided he wanted to be a giraffe. In hopes of having coordinating costumes, we decided to be the characters from the book 'Goodnight Gorilla'....a very sweet book, one of our favorites.

Grammie Pat and Grandpa Dan were planning to spend the holiday with us...so we gave them their costume assignments. What a crowd! We had every character covered, save two. And Grandma and Grandpa's costumes stole the show. They were good sports, especially as we dragged them out into public, trick or treating around University Village mall.
Clay was the Gorilla, I was the 'mommy', Grandma was the 'zoo keeper' (she had the waddle down perfectly!), Grandpa was the elephant, and Finn the lion.
We were thrilled when a woman walked by us, happily holding up her hands and shouting, "You're Goodnight Gorilla!" That was all the validation I needed. :) Alas, I promised Grandpa Dan that I would not post any photos of his night as 'Dumbo'...I'll keep my promise. So here is a shot of us earlier in the day as we 'Trick or Treated' in Phinny Ridge. We followed up the daytime event with a scrumptious stop at Red Mill Burger!!
Poor Finn. He made such a precious little lion and was such a good sport, taking that costume on and off about five times over the course of about 36 hours. The fur from the mane kept getting in his mouth, and the darn head piece only came off with the help of a crowbar (well, almost). But he didn't complain...not once. And for all his efforts, we didn't get him a single piece of candy! It didn't even occur to me, until later in the evening when I saw a couple filling up a bucket for their infant at the mall. Now, I know babies can't eat candy, but they should at least get something for their first Halloween, even if they only get to suck on the crinkly wrapper for a minute or two! Sorry, buddy.



3 comments:
That is great! I love halloween too! But I really want you to break your promise to Dan and post a photo of him as the elephant. At least send me one via email.... How about the whole gang as Goodnight Gorilla?
What a fun idea. Your little guys are adorable!
Consider it done, Mary. After all the work he put into it...I must show it off for him!
Post a Comment