Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Dasher & Dancer



Swanson's Nursery hosts a couple of reindeer each year. They are furry and adorable, but I think Koen was disappointed to see that they didn't have red noses.

Their names were Dasher and Dancer. Our timing was miraculously perfect as the caretakers were just about to feed them. Dasher is apparently quite dominant over Dancer, especially at meal time. He kept kicking the gate with his hoof, demanding his dinner and snacks. They got raisins and carrots with grains of some sort.

There were also a camel and a donkey in the next pen. They are best friends, with no less than a five foot difference in height between them. Nonetheless, they enjoy rough housing and nipping playfully at each other. Can you picture it? I wish I had snapped a photo of them, too. Their names were Curly (camel) and Mo (donkey).





Inside, we enjoyed the awesome train set for a while. 'Fog' rolled across the tiny pond, a miniature Santa sat fishing off a little bridge while his reindeer grazed nearby, and a very life-like helicopter hovered over the scene. Too cute.





Ahhh, I love all of the free entertainment around the city during the holidays!

No comments: