Monday, December 14, 2009

Santarchy?


SantaCon (or Santarchy) "is a mass gathering of people dressed in Santa Claus costumes parading publicly on streets and in bars in cities around the world. The focus is on spontaneity and creativity, while having a good time and spreading cheer and goodwill."



O.k. I feel totally out of touch with the world lately. I was sitting with some girlfriends, having a lovely tea party/baby shower in Capital Hill, when the coffee shop was literally taken over by Santas! No joke. We had to end the party because over 200 Santas were on their way in...no room for all of us!

My friends said it was 'Santarchy'. Huh? I gave them a blank stare.

Have you heard of this, or am I just disconnected? I found it so amusing that I took pictures of the crowds on my way home. Quite a sight. I even had the unfortunate experience of seeing two Santas relieving themselves in the bushes while I waited at a stoplight. And even more unfortunate was the fact that the bushes had no leaves on them! One was a Mrs. Santa Claus, if you can picture it. Yikes.

I'm just glad Koen wasn't in the car with me. Can you imagine the confusion in his little brain? He's still trying to figure out what/who Santa is.






1 comment:

Mary said...

And Martin doesn´t believe in Santa?????????