Friday, June 4, 2010

Tidbits...

Today:

Koen was giving Oscar rubs, inspecting his fur and the scratch Oscar got from our neighbor's mean dog. He began to make believe he was a doctor caring for Oscar's wound and gave him a pretend shot and band-aid. Then he looked up at me and asked why Oscar had fur. I gave him a quick reply (I was preoccupied at the moment).

Next, he asked what was under his fur. "Skin, just like yours!" I said. "Most animals have skin just like we do."

A few more moments passed, then a puzzled look came across his face. "So...is his fur stuck on to his skin with tape?" he asked. ;) So cute the way his little brain works. I then stopped what I was doing to have a more educational conversation with him. I could tell he was really trying to think this through.


Yesterday:

Koen and Finn had a little snack together in the kitchen. They tend to babble at each other and make one another laugh while they eat. Sometimes they even strike up a game of peek-a-boo. I sat down to join them. And I asked Koen (for sake of simple conversation) what his favorite part of his snack was; the almonds, the yogurt, or the blueberries. He caught me by sweet surprise and warmed by heart with his reply.

He thought for a moment, chewing an almond. Then he smiled and said in a soft voice, "My favorite part of my snack is Finn."

No comments: