Monday, June 28, 2010

Made me laugh...

Today, Koen and I had a conversation that made me laugh out loud. It also reminded me how quick-witted and smart he is.

Me: Koen, I have a special job for you. I need you to take this bag and put all of your stuffed animals inside so that we can take them to the clubhouse (this is what he is calling our new apartment).

Koen: Ok, Mom. (disappears to his room for ten minutes, then shuffles back in with a frown)

Koen: Mom, this is too hard! They won't go in the bag!

Me: Well, at least put some in and then I will come help you with the rest.

Koen: I did! Now you put the rest in.

Me: You already did put some in?

Koen: Yes! I put one in, and ONE is SOME! Now you can do the rest.


I just stared at him in disbelief, processing his logic at the age of three. And he stood there, just looking back at me. After a minute we both busted up laughing. He knew he was being a little smarty pants, but played it very cool. I'm sure this sassy behavior is only amusing when your child is three. And I won't laugh out loud when he's 14 and says this to me. Joy.

No comments: