tee-too (thank you)
fie-fie (fire fighter)
baa-paa (back pack)
wuss (horse)
Santa (Darth Vader)
hap (help)
But it has grown so much since then, I don't even know where to start! I'll just share some of the cutest things, I guess. Here are some even newer words:
seewee (silly)
happy! (said in a growling and enthusiastic voice)
Ah-koo (Oscar)
kee (kitty)
eee (eggs, or eggies, as we call them)
faa! (fast)
And surely there are so many that I'm leaving out, so I will attempt an ongoing list as I remember them. Here's a little video we made the other night...just for fun. (hint: pause music to hear him talk)
One thing that is so precious lately is the fact that he is learning please, thank you, excuse me and sorry but he is still trying to figure out the intended context of each. This morning he desperately wanted an orange wedge that sat on a plate just out of his reach. He said to me, "Oween, sorry," rather than "Orange, please." When Koen and I cracked up laughing, we immediately felt bad because Finn was looking at us with confusion. Poor guy. I wouldn't want to learn the English language from scratch either. Tough.
He thoroughly enjoys reading books now, and I find him sitting quietly with a book two or three times per hour. The book that he most often brings to me to read is Dig Dig Digging. It's a fun, rhyming story with colorful pictures so I don't mind reading it eight times per day. :)
Finn's favorite song, currently, is "Backpack" by Recess Monkeys. He always wants to put his little Batman backpack on and bounce around his room. He sings out with the chorus, shouting, "Baa-paa!" I can't help but giggle every time.
Finn loves...let me re-phrase that...Finn is obsessed with oranges, tomatoes, and eggs of any kind. I'm also happy to report that despite his rocky start to eating solid foods (EVERYTHING was a challenge) he is now turning into a superb eater! I can give him almost anything (save avocados which still induce instant gagging). He willingly eats raw kale salad, sauteed chard, spinach, hiziki (sea vegetable), broccoli, cauliflower, beets, squash, tomato soup....literally anything I make! I love it! And mysteriously, while he loathes avocado, he guzzled an avocado smoothie the other day and then started whining for more! Silly.
Love, love, love that little dude!



No comments:
Post a Comment