I woke up this morning and shuffled my way through the quiet darkness and into the kitchen. A pot of morning wheat berries had been soaking overnight, and as I was turning on the stove to cook them, I saw the small silhouette of Koen standing in the kitchen doorway. His hair was messy from a long night's sleep, his eyes were still trying to adjust to being open, and he held Scruffy (his snuggly dog) tight in his arms. Then in the softest, sweetest voice you've ever heard, he said, "Mom? Do you want to watch the sunrise with me?"
Ohhh...I think I melted right there on the spot, down into my slippers. I had no words to say. I simply scooped him up (with Scruffy) and took him to the couch where we snuggled for a while in front of the windows. The sky was thick with dark clouds, but we knew that somewhere behind their heavy blanket...the sun was, in fact, rising. And in our minds' eyes, it was glorious.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment