Thursday, January 1, 2009

Back track to Christmas...

If you watch the news or live in the area, you are aware of the snowy white Christmas we experienced here in the Northwest. It was amazing, frustrating, beautiful, and scary all at once! I figured that I only left the house one time, for one hour to go grocery shopping, in the space of eight whole days. This began about four days before Christmas, and continued for about four days following. I felt very lucky to have gotten all of my shopping done ahead of time, the packages were shipped, the refrigerator was stocked, and I really had no where to be but at home with my little family. It was nice. I'm also thankful that we were with the poor souls sleeping on the airport floor, trying to fly somewhere this season. Whew! I guess we made the right call there!

But it was fun for the most part. We got out and built Koen's very first snowman with him...well, I did most of the work. And it was work, because the snow had fallen all night, but then it rained and froze just enough to create a half inch thick layer of ice on top of the snow. Not good for building, but I managed.











We got our tree up with time to enjoy it! Koen loved all the little ornaments, and after the first day or so, he was surprisingly good about leaving them on the tree.



We decorated a gingerbread house. This was interesting because, of course, I have my own artistic way that I would like it to be, but Koen also had ideas of his own. We had to compromise. :)





Christmas morning...a new train set, a drawing easel, art supplies and more!



The angry chef (just woke up from nap) was about to decorate some cookies in his new apron that Nana made for him.



As you can see, most of the sprinkles landed on his tray, rather than the cookie.





Aunt Shandy and Uncle Collin spent the day with us. It was very relaxing and fun.




Yes, it was truly a fabulous day, and a very white Christmas!

No comments: