Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Naked basketball

It's a recent "tradition" lately for Koen to play naked basketball prior to getting in the bathtub. Clay started the game on the premise that Koen doesn't get enough free time in his birthday suit...and such a cute suit it is. So right after dinner, they go in and strip down (Koen, not Clay). Then the boy comes running out into the living room in all his glory and free as a bird. He shoots a couple of baskets, even making it occasionally. This rare feat is met with completely exaggerated "high-fives" from Mom and Dad. He likes the "high-fives" so much that he usually comes back for seconds. My favorite part about the whole event (aside from the sight of his little bare buns) is when he announces that he is "maked". So so cute!

For a minute, I thought about preserving my son's dignity and not posting the photo....but that minute quickly passed.


We spent the day at home today, packing for our big trip to Utah. We leave tomorrow and get to stay and play for 10 whole days! Yay! I hope our family doesn't get sick of us. Koen was very patient and did a good job entertaining himself while I organized our stuffed. He loves the new book that Uncle Devin gave him about the little monster that was "so mad". He walked around all evening saying, "I was SO MAD". And he says it in the cutest way, with his voice raising up an octave on the last two words. He even sits down in places (usually nearby one of us) and flips through the pages recounting the reasons that the monster was mad. Good fun. Thanks Uncle!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I will play naked basketball with this boy any day!

Margaret said...

I'll vote MVP right now. That is cuter than heck (as they say back in Zion).

Welcome back to blogspot. I'm so happy I can leave comments now!