Thursday, January 29, 2009

Dance Machine!

For those of you who only see Koen as a somber and sullen kid (which includes almost everyone we know)...here's a little look into the secret life of Koen Blake, The Dance Machine. I'm not kidding you, the child LOVES to dance. Clay and I don't even know how it started, exactly. But it has become part of Koen's nightly routine, before pajama time (it's even starting to replace basketball time). Clay, Oscar and I are his only privileged audience members...and might be the only witnesses to this behavior for years to come. So we busted out the video camera, of course, so that we could have proof.

He comes to us soon after dinner saying, "I wanna dance. Turn music on." He's even somewhat particular about the songs he wants to dance to. Right now he's into "Dance/Pop" music, but even more specifically he prefers Cut Copy as you'll hear on the videos.

What a dancin' fool, even his tongue dances. He gets more and more creative each night, and we have not taught him ANY of these moves. Notice the "hand flip move" in the second video. I was slightly disturbed when he broke this one out, because it's exactly the way Clay dances (on the very few occasions that he has approached any sort of dance floor). Please, please do not let my son become the kind of dancer (non-dancer) that his father is. Let there be hope. :)

Enjoy! (you might have to copy and paste...not sure how the links are going to work)

1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJRxZSRtl0o
2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXfpiscXopA

No comments: