On Saturday, Clay took Koen for the whole day so that I could fully enjoy the girls. But they had their own fun, too. They hit both the pet store and the swimming pool. Clay relayed a sweet story to me from that afternoon. As the two of them walked out the front door, heading to the pool, Koen looked up at him and said, "Daddy, you are the best daddy ever." Ummmm....o.k. How incredibly sweet is that! He has never told either of us anything like that before, at least not without being prompted. So he truly meant it and said it on his own, and it warmed Clay's heart.
One other funny thing to report...we have gotten into the habit of 'kissing it better' whenever Koen bonks his head, or gets a little owie. Usually, these are minor injuries in which there is no visual evidence and the pain subsides in minutes. So kisses really work. At least in Koen's mind they do. And I never realized how fully he believed in kiss therapy until he began getting paper cuts from his library books (unfortunately, he's consistent at a rate of one per day). So with the first one, he came to me, finger extended, saying "kiss it better, Mommy". So I did the deed and carried on my way. Koen proceeded to inspect his finger. Upon his discovery that the cut was still there, and still stung, he approached me again, "kiss it better, Mommy". Again, I kissed his finger, and again he inspected. This continued for about six cycles until I finally was able to distract his attention elsewhere. It was funny seeing the scowl on his face each time he found the cut. But I also felt so bad as I watched him realize that Mommy's kisses aren't in fact magic. :( I really wish they were, especially for his sake. Who likes a paper cut! Boo.



1 comment:
We had so much FUN! We really need to make it a tradition. Miss you guys all ready.
Post a Comment