Anyway, thanks for the goods, Dev. You're a very nice and thoughtful uncle.
Noteworthy tidbits:
Koen has suddenly developed a new phobia...bugs. He thinks there are bugs everywhere, in his crib, on the carpet, in his pants, all over. He does not like these bugs one bit, either. And when he starts to think about them, he gets really shaky and weird, staring intently at the floor, studying every tiny crumb or piece of lint for possible movement. It all began out of the blue the other day while we were at gymnastics. He was playing in the foam pit (his all time favorite place), when suddenly he began screaming bloody murder (for lack of a better description). He was clambering to exit the pit, all the while keeping his eyes focus down into the foam. I came running over, thinking he had cut himself on a lurking nail or staple or something sharp. He lunged out for me as soon as I was within reach and started kicking his feet to get "the bugs" off.
??????
After inspecting the immediate area and finding no bugs, I did my best to reassure him that there were no bugs. But the drama continued. Within five minutes, he no longer wanted to walk on the gym carpet, or get near any other foam pit areas. As we left, he began standing and walking like he'd been wearing chaps and riding a horse all day. Of course, my first suspicion was that he had poop running down his legs. But, when I got him into the house (it was a long walk to the front door with him shuffling along in that manner), I stripped him down, prepared for the worst. To my pleasant surprise he was poop free, but then he looked up at me and said "Bugs in pants". So it was all about more bugs.
Anyway, long story short, this is ongoing. Now he occasionally screams out from his bed. I race in there to find him reaching out to me in desperation, saying "Bugs in my bed!" Tonight, he insisted on wearing his socks to bed because of the bugs. Poor little guy. I think this is really traumatizing him and I don't know where it all started.



1 comment:
that thing is awesome... you should leave it on him for weeks!
Post a Comment