Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Koen and I took a long 'walk about' around my old 'hood'....the UW campus.  I've been wanting to do this for the past week or so, ever since the cherry blossoms started appearing.  I knew it would be a sight to see, and I wanted to share it with Koen.  We took snacks, sunglasses, and the camera and here's what we came up with.

A visit with the Husky himself....














Cherry blossoms in 'The Quad'















Big man on campus...

































Mini uni-bomber on the loose...
Drumheller Fountain





















We brought some bread to feed to the ducks at the fountain.  One of them became quite friendly with us.  We've been reading the book Henny Penny lately and so we decided to name this duck after one of her friends in the story, Ducky Lucky.  He turned out to be a very hungry little duck and stopped just short of plucking bread from Koen's mouth.  As you can see in the pictures, he was practically sitting in Koen's lap.  Koen was not so sure about this, and eventually asked Ducky Lucky to go away...very politely mind you.  Had it been me, the duck might have gotten more of a swat of the hand.  Notice how tightly Koen's fingers are curled.  I think he truly felt that his appendages were in danger.  :)













































Somewhere, off in the distance, is Mt. Rainier.  We were able to enjoy the view, but I guess the camera didn't see it?

 

Beautiful day with my boy!


No comments: