He decided that his baby is a boy, and he did not hesitate to give him a name..."Bacon" of course. We taught him how to care for the baby, and be very gentle with it. After that, he went nuts. So far he has done the following caregiver tasks...several times already:
-Changed his diaper & clothes
-Fed him a bottle (several times an hour, actually)
-Put him in pajamas (Koen's PJ's, of course)
-Read him books
-Sang songs for him
-Swaddled him in a blankie
-Put him down for a nap (even turned on the sound machine)
-Introduced him to Oski and Scruffy
-Watched Sesame Street with him
-Taken him for a walk (around the house)
-and brushed his hair and teeth
Meet Bacon.
Diaper changing lesson with Dad...
Clay decided to throw in a quick anatomy lesson while he was at it (yes, the doll is anatomically correct, well for a girl)
First stroller ride...
This is all very encouraging because it was our exact intention to teach him about handling and caring for a baby. What a tender little boy...I cannot say it enough. He's way ahead of the game, as far as I'm concerned...very intuitive for a 2 year old. It's so fun to watch the ideas that spark in his little mind.
Oh, and PS. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, NANA!!!



1 comment:
Wow - he is amazing. Can I borrow him? As you know, I could really use a babysitter for the next 18 years.
Post a Comment