Finn continues to grow and change right before our very eyes. He is extremely alert and interactive. In fact, many people have been in awe of how alert and responsive he is for his age. He'll look you right in the eye and hold your gaze for a good while, studying your face up and down. His eyes are the most striking color of deep blue...it's hard not to get mesmerized while staring back at him. He smiles a lot now, and even tries to laugh and talk a little...tries.
Finn's bout with baby zits is coming to an end, we think. His skin is clearing up nicely. Now he's just a roly-poly bald baby. What little hair he had at birth is quickly falling out. He's quite smooth all around.
He absolutely loves to take his bath in the kitchen sink (or anywhere really). The moment he feels the warm water surround him, the little scowl usually seen on his face immediately softens into complete bliss. Oddly enough, he now likes to get his diaper changed, too? If he's crying, he'll usually stop the minute I lay him on the changing table. Then he starts to kick his feet around and take quick shallow breaths (a sign that he is excited) while he watches my every move.
I'm getting the sense that he is a very social little guy. If ever he has been left in the other room for a minute while we are getting ready to eat or something, he starts to squawk and cry out (mostly to get our attention). As soon as we bring him in to join us at the table, he gets so happy and sweet. He wants to be where the action is. And if ever I'm folding laundry and he's laying on the bed in the room, or if he's sitting in his bouncy seat while I do dishes, he just sits calmly watching me. Oftentimes, I think he's fallen asleep because he's so still and quiet. Then I look over to find him following me around the room with his eyes. As soon as we make eye contact, he gives me the biggest smile. It's almost as if he's been waiting forever for me to look over at him. Soooo cute!
Mostly, though, he is completely enamored with his big brother, Koen. I'm pretty sure Koen has no idea how much Finn truly likes him. Whenever Koen is even just nearby, he has Finn's full attention. Finn just loves to look at Koen. And when Koen approaches him, he gets right up close to Finn's face, just smiling and talking to him, sometimes rubbing his bald head. Finn soaks it all up, studying every inch of his brother's face, letting Koen touch him all over. At times, I worry that Koen is squishing Finn by leaning over him, or bugging him by rubbing his face too much. But then I realize that Finn isn't complaining one bit. I think he'd truly put up with almost anything just to have that closeness with Koen. It's so precious to witness.
Little peanut...



No comments:
Post a Comment