Thursday, June 18, 2009

Boat watching

Today, we packed a picnic lunch and took our new double jogger down to the Burke-Gilman trail along the canal in Fremont. We took a little stroll to test out the new digs. All went well! And Finn, though not really old enough to ride while jogging, slept soundly the whole way. We came to a nice grassy spot on the waterfront, and it was there that we ate lunch and watched the boats go by. Quite relaxing, really.





This morning when I went in to get Koen out of bed, I walked in on him trying to wrap the bed sheet around himself. He was so busy that he didn't notice when I entered and then startled when I said good morning. "What are you doing, Koen?" I asked. "I'm trying to make a Moby Wrap, Mommy," he replied. :)

The Moby Wrap is my baby sling that I carry Finn around in. He was trying to mimic it with the sheet. This was so endearing to me. So I helped him put it all together. He beamed with pride as he walked around the house this morning, with Bacon in tow.



He says some pretty funny and random things lately, too. For example, yesterday when I came in to get him up from his nap, he was playing in his crib as usual. I said, "Oh, hi! How long have you been awake?" He said, "Oh, about two days." No joke, exact response.

While my dad was visiting, Koen came up to me at one point and said, "Grandpa is a nice daddy. He's fun when he plays with me." FYI...all adult men (whether in a magazine, at the park, or at our house) are 'daddies'. All adult women are 'mommies'.

With a new baby in the house, we've invested in a few bottles of hand sanitizer. Koen calls it 'hanee-tizer' and on several occasions has squeezed shampoo all over his hands for the same effect (while I'm not looking, of course).

Oh, and lastly, when he has done something worthy of reporting, rather than saying he 'did' it, he'll tell me that he 'doo-ed' it. I crack up every time, and rarely correct him. I love when he conjugates his own words!

No comments: