Example: With his 'walker' (a toddler riding car that converted to a stand up push toy), Koen walked all over the house, in and out of rooms, mindlessly moving about. Each time he came through the kitchen, he would 'cruise' the garbage (even if only 3 minutes had gone by since his last pass). Going his usually speedy pace, he would take a slight detour and slow down a bit as he peered over the edge of the garbage can to see the contents inside. He wouldn't stop...just do a slow drive by. It was hysterical! He never came through the kitchen without doing this. Anyway, this I had forgotten until I happened upon my old list the other day.
So, here are a few things I'm lovin' about Koen these days.
1. While he plays in his room, on the stairs, in the closet or wherever, Koen will be happily pushing around a toy car, or rolling a ball or something, meanwhile talking to himself. I can hear his mumbling wherever I am in the house. And then out of nowhere he starts to sharply call out in a perfectly rehearsed, and somewhat alarming, sing-song tone. "Somebody?...(pause)...Somebody?!" It sounds as if he's scared, stuck, or in trouble. Of course, I drop everything and go running in to him only to see that he is sitting on the floor with his toys....perfectly fine. He knows he's struck a chord of fear in his mom, and he simply looks up at me and smiles or giggles. What is this! I have no idea where he picked it up. It's kind of eerie and each time he does it, I have to check myself and remember that most likely he's crying wolf.
2. We've all heard the loud speaker announcements at the grocery store. Our store alerts different departments to phone calls by an automated female voice saying, "Bakery 2...0...1" or "Produce 2...0...1." Koen loves to chime in and bounce his head back and forth while he says "2...0...1" in unison with the intercom lady. And it's even funnier lately, because now as we meander down the aisles, he follows up all announcements by looking up to the ceiling and loudly saying, "Okaaaay!"
3. Koen gets a couple of chewable, animal shaped vitamins each day. He wants them placed on top of his sippy cup of water...it's a ritual for him. Then he walks away, eating them one at a time. And before popping them into his mouth, he quickly and quietly looks at each one and says, "Buh-bye". I laugh so hard (to myself, of course). I don't think he knows that we see or hear him do this. Pretty cute, I think.



No comments:
Post a Comment