Whew! It's been a busy week! I'm just now getting around to this post about LAST weekend!
We had a fun filled weekend of togetherness. It all started off with a knight, a dragon and a mermaid. Koen got tickets to a puppet show for Christmas (thanks Jenny & Jessy). What a great outing it was. The theater was a really cool, old house practically in our own neighborhood. It seems like the owners ripped out the walls and reinforced the roof to make one big theater with a stage. We sat up high, near the rafters. Both boys' eyes were glued to the stage throughout the show. Finn was so funny to watch, sitting upright with eyes the size of quarters. I can't begin to imagine what was going through his tiny head as he watched sword fights and smoke breathing dragons.
Koen's been talking about it ever since. His new make believe scenarios include dragons, knights, princesses, and sword fights....lots of sword fights. I'm not sure how much I like the sword fights. But it is fun to see him run wild with his imagination. The kid comes up with some really great sound effects, too.
Unfortunately, we were having so much fun that we forgot to snap a photo of the event!
Anyhoo, the next day we packed up the stroller and headed to the lake. We walked/jogged all the way around and ended up at the playground for a little while. Lately, as I've been taking the boys out running with me, I give them each a heated rice sock to warm their bones on these cold winter days. They both love it, and practically melt before my very eyes. Sleep usually follows within minutes of leaving the house. Perfect!
Don't they look all snuggly? I just want to crawl in there with them sometimes.
Koen had a blast playing with Clay at the playground. He's really getting brave on the climbing structures these days. I've got to keep my eye on him now.
Where are you guys going in your boat?
And where are your oars? And life jackets?
I think this is the biggest stick that Koen has ever discovered. He was definitely pleased.
After our walk, this is what became of our dog. He loves to be wrapped up in a blanket (so spoiled). Clay really did it this time, though. He looked like a burrito. I guess the past eight months of baby swaddling have rubbed off onto Oski. Silly dog.
I look forward to many more fun weekends like this one. Thanks boys!



2 comments:
I'm with Oski - playing in the park followed by burrito treatment sounds like a dream come true. Yes please!
What a great way to go for a walk with mom and dad doing all the work and me cuddled up with a warm rice sock and a soft woobie. I want to be a kid again. (of course, one of yours) mama
Post a Comment