Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Martha Lake

On recommendation of a parenting article I read recently, I took the boys to Martha Lake for a little stroll on the boardwalks this afternoon. We talked to the ducks, found cool sticks and rocks, climbed up (and jumped off of) a huge tree stump, and pretended to be sailing aboard the pirate ship Cuckoo (name courtesy of Captain Koen) with Puff the Magic Dragon and Jackie Paper as our crew.








Koen suddenly got the 'light bulb-above-your-head' look when he thought of a spectacular idea. "Mom! Maybe we could jump in the water and swim with the ducks!" he exclaimed. "Mmmmm...a little cold, I'm afraid, Buddy," I replied. "But maybe this summer we can do that!"








We had a lovely time and could've stayed all afternoon if dinner hadn't called. Is it too early to have spring and summer fever? Because I'm afraid this outing did it for me.

1 comment:

SignalToNoise said...
This comment has been removed by the author.