Koen picked out all the little accessories for the fishies 'house' and then he picked out the fishies. They are some sort of neon colored species (of which I can't remember the name) and they are extremely fast swimmers. Seriously! After the first several minutes of watching the employee try to catch even one, I started to wonder if we should begin looking at other options in the neighboring aquariums. Finally, two fish were in his net...one red and one green, per Koen's request.
On the way home, we asked Koen what he wanted to name the fish (fully expecting toddler suggestions such as Pinkie and Greenie, or Oski and Koen). But never underestimate this little guy's mind. Out of nowhere he said their names were going to be Boba Fett for the red fish and Tomba (pronouced Tahm-buh) for the greenish-yellow one.
When we got them home and all set up, Koen got to feed them for the first time. He was beaming with pride. He knew they were his very own little pets. We're so happy for him. I'm just crossing my fingers that he never decides to make an attempt at 'holding' them, or worse, transporting the bowl to another location. Hopefully, it's high enough out of his reach to prevent this potential disaster.
Clay leaves for Chicago tomorrow morning. He'll be gone a whole week, and Koen and I will miss him so much! We figured this was a good 'family' activity to do with Koen before his departure. Wish us luck with this new little adventure!



No comments:
Post a Comment