Anyhow, on this particular morning, Clay came in to Koen's room, opened the curtains, and quickly discovered that Boba Fett and Tomba had moved on to their next life some time during the night. :(
Hmmm.
Koen apparently noticed their inactivity on his own, pointed at the fish bowl and told Clay that Boba Fett and Tomba were 'stuck'. The moment was sad but funny because of the way Koen has starting talking lately....much like Forrest Gump, really. So if you can imagine the slow, up-and-down intonation of Forrest saying "Boba Fett and Tomba are 'tuck'", with special inflection on the last word....you'll hear how Koen said it. Pretty hard not to laugh during a particularly sad time.
Yes, the certainly are stuck, my little one. I was not prepared to explain this unfortunate event to him so soon. I did realize the day would come, but 9 days after we got the darn fish? Come on! I'm pretty peeved, actually. I'm not sure what happened, other than the fact that they have not been eating their food since we got them.
So, it's 5pm and I still have yet to explain anything to Koen...he still thinks the fish are stuck. I'm stalling, trying to decide....do I miraculously bring the fish back to life by going to get a new Boba Fett and Tomba tonight while he sleeps? Or do I just tell him the truth and get a different fish...one that I have more experience with and I know will live much longer?
To be continued....



No comments:
Post a Comment