Monday, March 16, 2009

Pools & Play Dough

With Clay out of town all week, I've decided to do something 'fun' each day...in hopes that Koen will not get completely bored of me, and begin to protest. This will only make the week longer! :)

So this morning Koen got another shot (not so fun event). It was a big one, and a little worse than the previous two...PCV7. He was perfectly brave all the way through, but afterward he curled up into me and cried a little. He was so sweet with his Smarties roll clenched tightly in his hand (now a regular reward for such big events). He did great. And immediately after that, we took off for the Mountlake Terrace Pavilion pool (a hot spot with plumbed water sprayers, bubbling jets, floaty toys, inner tubes, lazy river...you know, the works!). Our PEPS friends met us there. All five moms taking a little vacation from gravity pulling on our expanding bellies, we couldn't help but make Shamu jokes about ourselves.

Koen had a total blast and felt pretty cool showing off to his friends how he could 'swim like a fish' by spinning around under water with my help. His little friends were in awe, and Koen couldn't hide his smile when he realized he was doing something no one else dared do. I didn't get any photos...I don't know something about being 8 months pregnant, chasing a fearless toddler around a large pool and managing a camera all at the same time....not a good idea. But I did capture Koen's silly moment this morning after he discovered the swim bag and the swim diapers within. What a better place for swim diapers than one's own head?




Later, after nap time, I finally got around to doing something I've been meaning to do for six months or more. I made my very own batch of play dough. It worked beautifully, and was beyond easy. Too bad I put it off for so long. Anyway, I'm sure we'll have plenty of this stuff around from now on. It lasts up to 3 months! And I have just as much fun playing with it as Koen does! Today we made a pizza, a whale, little replicas of Boba Fett and Tomba (the fishies), and last but not least, we molded Papa's head out of play dough (upon Koen's request). The likeness was amazing! I wish I would've snapped a photo of him, bald head and all! It was funny.












We finished up the day, playing 'Red Light, Green Light' with Koen's rawhide drum. He's learning about fast, slow, stop and go, etc. He got pretty good running around the living room. I'm hoping that this game comes in handy next time he decides to run away from me in public. It's only happened twice, but both times were scary as there were parking lots involved! Yikes!

No comments: