Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Hurricane Finn

Did you hear that this season's next big hurricane is gaining speed? It's name?...Hurricane Finn.

Check out that hairdo! I think it's probably at it's best right now. Finnegan has been losing hair since birth, and now has quite the shiny, bald head (so fun to rub!). We totally love the patch around the bottom too. Koen had this as well, but did not have the major swirl action goin' on like his little brother does.




Finn is two months old today. Where does time go? He's chubby (13 lbs 11oz), he smiles a lot, he grunts a lot, and he's trying to laugh. He's very close, actually. In fact he laughs in his sleep all the time. I've gotta wonder what makes a tiny infant laugh in his sleep. What could be so funny?

I've heard other parents gush over the sweet bond that siblings have, and how adorable it is to witness. But this early on? If I weren't seeing it with my own eyes, I'd never believe it. I think these boys truly love each other, already!

Finn can't get enough of his big brother, Koen. He's always watching his every move. When Koen dances for him in the kitchen, Finn waves his arms and kicks his legs as if to dance with him. This morning, as we walked around the lake, Finn tried to chime in as Koen sang all the nursery rhymes he knows.

I love all the facial expressions Finn makes. He is one animated little baby. His high pitched screeches are still the best. They continue to rip through the air without warning at our house, making us all giggle. They are rarely associated with fussiness. He's mostly just trying to get our attention. He's also very expressive with his arms and shoulders. They seem to be in constant motion as he squirms and plays.

We simply can't wait to see what he has to say some day. It's been interesting going from a toddler with so many thoughts and ideas, whose talking seems to never cease, to a newborn who might have just as many thoughts, but can't express them! We are getting to know him more and more each day, though. And it is so fun to see him develop!

We love you little guy! Happy Two Months!


No comments: