Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Me love cOOkies!

Koen made chocolate chip oatmeal cookies the other day (I helped a little bit). I think it's so cute that he LOVES to help me cook things. I put his little apron on and then he runs over to the table to grab a chair to stand on. Lately, this is one of the few times that he is a very good listener and follows all directions. He gets so quiet while we measure and mix things, taking the process very seriously. We had a warm and fuzzy moment, too, while we were spooning dough onto the cookie sheet. Koen leaned over to me and quietly gave me a huge hug. I know he felt so special being able to help.



Koen figured the front pocket of his apron was a good place to keep the egg until we needed it. I figured it wasn't. :)





The taste test. Gotta have a glass of milk with the cookie! After this first bite, he put the cookie down on his napkin and began digging the melty chocolate chips out with his pointer finger, then sucking it off, of course. I love seeing the thought processes that go on in his little mind. Who says there is only one way to eat a cookie?



Speaking of cookies, Koen has recently started watching Sesame Street while I sneak in a shower. He looks forward to this everyday...the only TV time he gets! I love Sesame Street all over again (I've been watching a few episodes lately). The content is quite educational, and the characters are all so diverse! There are only two negative aspects that I am experiencing as a result...

1. "La la, la la! La la, la la! Elmo's World!" I can't get Elmo's theme song out of my head. I find myself singing, or humming it throughout the day. And if it's not that, it's Burt and Ernie's theme song! HELP!

2. Koen has decided it is funny to eat the way cookie monster does (you know, two hands shoving food in mouth...crumbs flying everywhere...none of the food actually getting eaten)! At first, I laughed and encouraged his role playing. But I regret it now, because he has fully embraced this new activity. It's funny on Sesame Street, but it's not so amusing in my kitchen.

No comments: