Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Boogers, Balloons & Cocktails

I don't know, the title simply indicates the highlights of the day, not necessarily in order of importance.

K learned how to pick his nose today.  As I sat reading my email, he came up to me with his little pointer finger stretch up to my face.  I looked down to see a booger on the tip of it.  His eyes were wide with intrigue, and he said "noe!" (Nose!).  Then he put his finger back in his nose and continued to say "noe."  I followed him out of the room so that I could wipe it off.  He scurried off, finger firmly in place, saying "noe...noe...mama...noe."  Hard not to laugh.  

So when I relayed the story to C, he asked if K was smiling or laughing when he showed me his prize.  Now here's a good argument for Nature vs. Nurture.  See, K didn't know that nose picking might be funny, gross, inappropriate or anything else.  To him, it was new and interesting.  And that's my case for all bodily functions.  C insists that he didn't teach him to laugh when he toots and burps.  I beg to differ.

Today, C brought home a huge sunflower shaped balloon from work (even the 2 foot stem was inflated)...a "Welcome-to-the-team" gift?  Anyway, K was all smiles because "boons" are one of his favorite things of all time.  We had to pry it from his tiny hands just to get him to eat dinner.
 
And lastly, our 94 year old neighbor came over to invite us to cocktail hour at her house.  She said she and the other neighbors like to do it regularly to keep up with things on the street.  So C and I took K over and mingled with our neighbors (first time ever).  Everyone was really nice.  Of course they all paid way too much attention to K when we first arrived, and that brought on the crocodile tears.  But after a handful of grapes and a couple crackers, he was doing his new trick for the crowd.  This involves putting the top of his head on the floor in front of his feet (similar to yoga's Downward Facing Dog), but then the real kicker is when he pulls his hands back to his hips.  He even showed his muscles, and had everyone laughing.   (see the following demonstration)  As soon as he started jumping around by the cabinet of glass collectibles, that's when we made our exit.  We had fun, and look forward to next time.



Even more words from K:

help="hep"
zip (sound a zipper makes)= "zup"
ear="eee"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

jes here again

wow koen your muscles are huge!!!

keep working at them

miss you guys!!

erin..teach me how to make blogs like this!!!

i love you guys!!!!!!