Friday, June 20, 2008

Summer's Late yet On-time Arrival

Happy First Day of Summer!!!

Finally, it's here, and the day couldn't have been more beautiful.  To celebrate, K and I met some friends at the zoo (yep, twice in one week).  I have a feeling we'll be spending a lot of time there this summer.  Everything was perfect.  We wandered around seeing what we saw, without an agenda.  We loved the fact that we could stay or go whenever we pleased, not needing to get our money's worth (the beauty of an annual membership).  The kids wanted to get out of the stroller to climb on a rock?....that's what we did.  

We stopped at the "little kids" play area, and K and his friend Izzy went up and down the slide for 30 minutes.  Poor K, though.  He hasn't quite figured out that he goes faster when he lifts his heels off the slide.  So, instead, he putt-putts all the way down the slide, stalling several times along the way.  Oh, but he still smiles and giggles, and says "a-ghee" (again) at the bottom.

When we got hungry, we headed over to our FAVORITE hamburger joint, Red Mill Burgers.  Now I'm not the only one that loves Red Mill, they are consistently voted "Best Burgers in Seattle" and one of their burgers made the GQ "Top 20 Burgers to Eat Before You Die" list!  Mmmm, mmmm!  I washed mine down with a Boysenberry Shake (another favorite).  K unfortunately got stuck with the PB & J I brought from home.  But Izzy was sweet enough to share her whole wheat grilled cheese with him.  I think he dug it, and finally gave her a smile.

Lovely, lovely day.

No comments: