Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Rotavirus?

Take a good look at the beautiful image to the right. Is this strange colony of creatures one that lives out of light and sight at the bottom of the ocean?  Nope!  Meet Rotavirus, our latest enemy (and the reason for my lack of blog posts).  

Now, I'm no doctor...but after an hour of on-line research and conversations with my mom-friends, I've decided this is the nemesis that has invaded my poor son.  K's been through all of the symptoms, of which I will spare you the details (available on-line if you must).  How is it contracted, you ask?  By contact with feces of other infected children. GROSS!!  It's bad enough seeing poor K go through this mess, but to ponder how he got it in the first place?  Eeew!

So we've been very busy minding his fevers (103 F) and cleaning up after various incidents.  In the space of 48 hours, K had 6 baths, and 3 full bedding changes.  Ok. That's enough, you get the point. 

I hope he gets better soon, because we're in for a beautiful week/weekend here in the Pacific Northwest.  He was thankfully well enough today to venture out a bit. He and I rode the bus downtown for a kiddie music concert at the library..."The ABC's of Jazz".  K must be feeling better, because he even danced to the music a little bit.  :)

No comments: