Friday, June 6, 2008

...the old man is snoring

In light of the non-stop rain we've had since we moved back, I've been singing "It's raining, it's pouring...the old man is snoring...(you know the rest)" to K almost 2-3 times a day.  Well I might stop all together because I truly think the song is disturbing to him.  When we get to the part where the old man bumps his head, I pause and rub K's forehead (or mine) and say "ohhhh, ouch" (just like we learned in Gymboree class).  Well, each time, K looks to the floor and gets a very long face, as if his lip is about to start quivering.  

He is truly one of the most sensitive kids I've ever seen.  He doesn't like to hear about a bumped head, even if it does belong to some old man in a song.  So tender.

There is one good thing about this wet city (well one of many), K's hair is super curly!  Who knew?  The dry Utah climate suppressed the curls we never knew he had.  They just sprung to life as we walked through the SeaTac airport upon our arrival, literally!  And I'm also happy to report that this humidity has wiped away his eczema...no joke, hardly a trace remains!

No comments: