Monday, June 2, 2008

RSV

This morning as we prepared to leave for our second "reunion" with the PEPS group (Moms & Babes), K began sneezing and coughing...then came the river o' snot.  Yep, once again this RSV thing has halted our social plans.  I swear, he is the sickest kid around!  I don't get it either, he eats so well...oodles of fruit, veggies, grains, beans, even tofu and flax seeds.  He drinks water like a horse, too.

So you can imagine my frustration when I research RSV online, and I'm told that the best way to prevent RSV is by feeding your child a healthy diet, and breastfeeding as long as you can.  @##$%@!  What's a girl got to do?  Seriously, I've done all that and then some!

K is 19 months old (yesterday) and he's had RSV five times now!  Watery eyes, runny (and I mean whole-box-of-Kleenex-a-day runny), coughing, sneezing, and all the rest.  I really feel for the guy.  Especially since each time he gets it, it lingers for almost 2 weeks!  

And to make matters worse, he's protesting bedtime this week, goofing around in his crib for about an hour and half before falling asleep.  In fact, as I type this, he's in his crib talking to himself.  And I'll bet his blankets are strewn (Clay loves when I say strewn) about the floor around his crib...typical.

       

Love that kid, but he sure is testing my nerves tonight.  :)

No comments: