Friday, June 27, 2008

Not Rotavirus, but Roseola?

Well, as it turns out, those bright little creatures I discussed a few days ago have not actually invaded us.  As K's symptoms have changed and developed, he now has a bit of a rash on his torso and face.   Wouldn't you know these are textbook signs of Roseola...yet another common childhood illness.  And boy he has/had it all; high fever, lack of appetite, rash, irritability, the rarely occurring diarrhea and vomiting, and did I mention irritability.  He's been a super grouch for days!  Quite unnerving.

Please go away soon, you horrible Roseola thing.  You've invaded a peaceful little boy who loves (and I mean loves) to eat.  We want our breakfast and our good night's sleep back! (K was 
awake nearly 50% of last night...and therefore so was I).  I rocked him in the darkness of the room, desperate for him to fall back asleep.  But he just wanted to play.  He'd get close to my face and wait for me to open my eyes...then he'd giggle.  If I didn't open my eyes, he'd lift my eyelids for me.  Then he began to wave to his teddy bear across the room, and in his sweet, hoarse voice kept saying "hi, bee" (hi, bear). Good times.

Never mind my rant.  On a lighter note, we spent the afternoon with the mom's group.  The kids ran through sprinklers (all but K) and ate popsicles.  We arrived late due to K's extra long nap, but even if we had been on time, I doubt K would've jumped in to the watery chaos.  He's more of an observer, and that's just what he did while his popsicle melted down his arm. 


No comments: